Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 5:41:15 PM EDT
As the subject says, I've recently built my first SBR  (11.5") and I primarily reload.  Has anyone done any research on if there is a powder that works 'better' in a SBR than others?   I know 'what works me may not work for you.".  But just seeing if there's a general consensus that power X tends to work better within the limitations of a shorter barrel.

I normally use either H335, H332 for blasting ammo.  Why?  Because I was able to acquire a 8lb keg of each and no other reasons so I'm certainly not stuck on it, now that powder is more readily available. .

By 'better' I mean a few things.  Cleaner burning, slower pressure spike so you can get a bit more FPS out of it to make up for the loss of FPS from the barrel length but without blowing primers.  That kind of thing.    
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't make any difference. If you have function issues go to a slower burning powder. I like H322 in .223 for any bullet weighing 55 grains or less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top