Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 3:26:19 PM EDT
I bought a small quantity of AP projectiles that I plan to load for my .308. I would like some suggestions for a load with CFE or ARComp. I may be able to score some other powders, but I have those two on hand.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well use data for whatever weight they are... ~145 or 163...
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
39 grains of h 322 will work for 163 grain.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well use data for whatever weight they are... ~145 or 163...
View Quote
I was concerned about using load data for equivelant weight lead bullets. These projectiles are much longer than standard lead core projectiles.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What I did years ago when I was experimenting with these bullets is use the starting load for a 180 gr bullet and work up from there.

Had no problems with my loads doing this. Just work up carefully watching for pressure signs.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top