Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2014 11:17:05 PM EDT
Doing brass processing for people is getting tiring on my arms.  I need to upgrade to a autodrive system but not sure which one I should get.

Does the PW Autodrive still have the same problems as it did in the past?  I have read a lot of people saying they hated it, but most don't say if it was with a RL1050 or a Super 1050. I will be processing 223, 223 to 300aac and some 308.  I have a 1200B and plan to get the 1500B when it comes out.  I have also read that with this setup, the 1200B trimming becomes inconsistent.  Not sure why this would be if it does a full stroke.

I have also seen the rotary version by Forcht.  Looks good, but after shipping both ways it will be in the $1400-1500 range which is a lot more than I wanted to spend.

Any suggestions and thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
theres enough people that get the p/w to work that I tend to think it's as much  user issue as anything , one of these days I'll get around to hooking mine up and playing with it, maybe reefraider will chime in
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one yet, but the Forcht design looks better.

Doing brass for other people is a pain. I hope they are paying you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a PW and fiddled with it for a long time.  I finally got it running 100%, but never trusted it.

Sold it and got their autodrive for a Roll Sizer.  Much nicer there.

A local buddy has a Forcht.  Very well made and foolproof.  That is where I would go if I wanted to try an autodrive of some flavor again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Im gonna get a PW once i run my 1050 for about 2k rounds so everything settles in. Its true what someone above said that a lot of the mishaps with the PW are user errors.  The forcht is one smooth machine and just runs and runs but the price of admission is too high for me.( cutting the press, limited height, price, reversibility)
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I think imma go with the PW drive for now.  Do you all with them prefer the foot or hand switch?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think imma go with the PW drive for now.  Do you all with them prefer the foot or hand switch?
View Quote

Keep in mind resale value of them is dogshit.  Not so with the Forcht.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true, but I haven't seen a used PW for sale anywhere right now.  New one runs $950 but they also are on backorder for roughly 6 weeks.  I contacted Forcht about one of the rotary drives and there is roughly a 2 week turnaround time not including shipping back and forth which will make it about a month.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Fortch all the way. Mine has over 1/2 million rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top