Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:08:23 PM EDT
I have most of them, but there are a few I need and can't find. Can anyone fill in the following VMDs?

0.068 Accurate 4100
-------  Norma R123
-------  Vihtavuori 3N38
-------  Vihtavuori N125
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Mind enlightening me on what a VMD is?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it means volumetric displacement. The units of measurement are cc/gr.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Look on manufactures website Accurate You probably loading with a Lee
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of mind-readers in here. Sorry fellas, I'm not trying to load using CCs. Did you really think I'm such a noob?

I'm trying to narrow down powders to load with based on % of the case it fills. It's simple geometry to determine case volume, but powder volume isn't as easy. These numbers are usually published, but aren't in either of my lists. From there, I'm comparing my calculations with QuickLoad's calculations. It's a complicated, but interesting, process.

So...back to my original question...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look on manufactures website Accurate You probably loading with a Lee
View Quote

Thanks! 1 down, 3 to go.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The strange thing is there doesn't appear to be any mathematical correlation between the QL fill ratios (%) and the VMDs. I tried to do a back-calculation, but it just didn't end up between the next higher and lower options. The other difficulty is I was getting data for a certain velocity rather than max pressure, so the values aren't quite so easy to assess, but I see your point that when looking at Pmax charges, they larger are slower. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
What you are looking for is the "excluded volume". I forget the formula (age related) but is very simple to use.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Veritas S63 is on the way. It's OOS right now, so backorder is about another month.

ETA: There's not [a correlation]? Not directly, but with known charge weights, fill % can be calculated from VMD and vice versa (as I'm sure you know). Maybe I forgot to mention I'm working with known charges. Still, like I meant to say, the VDM*charge/capacity and fill % aren't calculating to be equal when using quickload vs. standard geometry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I searched for about an hour for the others you needed  just for the hell of it. Came up empty. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top