Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 2:04:20 PM EDT
When I'm doing 300-500 at a time, I'd like to have a little more leverage. Anybody know if someone makes a longer handle?

I guess I could get a piece of pipe and make my own. Just wondering...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Never saw the need to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If you need more leverage you're over swaging.  Just need to take out the crimp.  I usually only need a couple of fingers to work mine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you need more leverage you're over swaging.  Just need to take out the crimp.  I usually only need a couple of fingers to work mine.
View Quote

Same here.  You need to go by feel and a longer lever arm would negate that.  Probably adding too much force
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
A little CLP to clean and lube the pivot points helps quite a bit too with not needing much force.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on not needing a longer handle and i just did about 5k 5.56 military brass in the past week alot of pinned LC and FC 06 which was the worst. There is a

fine line of over swaging your brass and not swaging enough my set up time was stupid long. It took alot longer than i thought it would running back and

fourth swaging and seating primers. I was using cci 41 primers and kept shearing slivers of the primer off. I finally found that happy medium swaging

the brass where the primer pockets were good n tight and i wasn't shearing slivers off of the primers any more. Micro adjusting the swager 600 is a little

tricky...   good luck have fun and be safe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
i made roller handles for my rcbs and lee pro 100
it also added about 6 inches length so i got more leverage.

there's a guy on ebay selling roller handles, i probably should have just bought one of his considering all the time i spend making mine.

but they work great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top