Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 7:30:28 AM EDT
Roughly how many rounds do you get out of a pound?  Powders been tough to find but I scored 2 pounds of this before I left for the bush. Need to order projectiles but budget dictates that I only get enough at this point for the powder I have on hand. Having my 8lbs jug of bullsye and 3000 9mm projectiles stolen along with most of my other reloading gear this summer is like the gift that keeps on gving.. or the turd that won't flush.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Handy dandy chart

http://www.reloadbench.com/gloss/grain.html

Don't forget to account for some spillage and loss.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
around 1,700 rounds per pound depending on the heads used
4.0 grains
start low and work your way up
and do some searching on the web
dont take my word for it
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
What are you going to load

I load 4gr under 125 lead 9mm with a col of 1.13
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
124 gr Hard cast and 124gr Jacketed.. Just needed a ballpark figure. I'll gets actual loads worked out later when I have everything in front of me. Gonna put in an order for 3000 jacketed I think. I'll save the lead for summer time when I don't have to shoot indoors.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
3.7 grains behind a 115 cast SWC is one of my favorite loads. I'd still be loading it but my bullet supply dried up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top