Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2013 11:06:54 AM EDT
I'm a long time Hornady XTP user. Very happy with the results.
I've survived the panic with enough projectiles to get by, but no stash lasts forever, and Hornady is still hard to get.

I'm wondering about substituting RMR 9mm 124 grain Plated Flat Point for the XTP for practice ammo.  Can anyone give me a review of the accuracy of RMR bullets.
I noticed that one reviewer on their site said something about bullet seating varying a few thousands. I also note RMR is an ARFCOM dealer.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used the 124 grain plated bullets before. Pretty sure I've only used the round points... I've probably gone through about 2000 of them at this point. I've also used Rainier plated bullets in the past and berry's bullets. Quality wise the RMR bullets seem to be every bit as good as the other brands. They also happen to be priced cheaper. Obviously these are not bullets that you would ever use for self defense but they are great for punching paper.

I tend to reload with round nose bullets since they always tend to feed better through whatever gun you put them in, compared to hollow points, etc... If you just want to punch holes in paper you really can't do better...

The other option that you might look at, if you're looking for hollow point style ammo is montana gold. They are jacket bullets and if you buy them in bulk, the prices are actually pretty good. Look at their website, prices include shipping as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Jake at RMR is good to go. I use him pretty much exclusively for my 9mm bullets. Shot many thousand 124s a few thousand 115s. I tend to run mid to upper jacketed data and they shoot great for the money. Just remember to use a slight crimp because while the plating is very thick (think Gold Dot) over crimp kills the accuracy. Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for looking in paintballswimguy.

Thanks Spent_Casing for the slight crimp suggestion, that does indeed help.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
NP Bud, welcome to the site. Talk to Jake (LongdayJake) either through IM or in his Industry forum. He's very approachable and passionate about customer service. He will answer any questions you may have. That primarily why he's my go-to guy.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I too just switched over to plated from jacketed, once i tried them i sold all my jacketed and bought more plated bullets. I have only used the thicker ones from Xtreme but i think they are very comparable to RMR, they were just a little cheaper. I still use the same data as jacketed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Their 124gr RN are good to go.  Loaded about 2k so far and will be loading more later.

I love their prices and the ability to get batches of 1k delivered for cheap.  Other places you have to order 2-3k to get the right price.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I pretty much use him all the time. My mail guy shits when he gets my 70 pound boxes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Last time I talked to Jake he told me the plated bullets he sells are X-Treme's
FYI X-Treme has a 17% off sale until 12/2 use code 17special at check out
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Another fan of Jake's here. I haven't shot his 9mm stuff yet but I have several other calibers. Including .45 & 10mm.

Most plated bullets are loaded to lead/non jacketed levels. The 10mm I bought said to load to moderate jacketed  levels. They work really well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I used a couple thousand bullets from RMR both 124 and 115gr 9mm. Ill buy more too but I bought some 9 while xtreme is having they're 15, then 17 percent off.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have loaded 2000 of the 115 grain and have been very happy.  Great service!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've gone through about 4k of the 124gr round nose 9mm and they are GTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top