Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 3:52:10 AM EDT
I sort all my brass for ease of primer crimp removal, trimming, crimping, and accuracy.

My Win NT collection is marked .223 on some and 5.56 on others.

Does anyone know if this is the same brass with different head stamps or should I short into two piles.

I suppose I could weigh and measure internal volume, but I'm hoping someone has seen this before and knows if they are the same.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if it's same or different, but I always

sort different head stamps even if from same manufacturer.

I've got a bin of PMC .223 Rem, and a bin of PMC 5.56x45.

Pretty sure they are the same brass, maybe I'm a bit anal,

but it's different stamp so it's got to be different bin.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
anon,
I picked up a few Win NT 5.56 at the range on Saturday and was wondering what it even is. Non Toxic maybe?

Now you say there is both 5.56 and .223 I too will be watching this thread for an explanation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It could be different, I would separate them. I know with my .45 ACP brass, I had Win NT that was small primer, but my regular Winchester headstamp was large primer. Obviously we are talking rifle here, but I'm just saying, there was a difference.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had Win NT. Winchester and WCC brass .  As far as I can tell its all the same brass other than the crimp and headstamp.  I  know that when processing it on the S1050 the only change I need to make to process all 3 of those is to back down the swager rod for the Win NT and Winchester.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
anon,
I picked up a few Win NT 5.56 at the range on Saturday and was wondering what it even is. Non Toxic maybe?

Now you say there is both 5.56 and .223 I too will be watching this thread for an explanation.
View Quote

I believe the NT does stand for Non Toxic.

The brass is from frangible ammunition for use indoors and at close range.

Sounds like I have more sorting to do unless someone knows they are the same.

Thanks again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top