Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 12:23:52 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I just bought some once fired 5.56 military brass. It is WCC 11 & 12 and FC 11 & 12. It does not, however, have the Nato symbol (circle with the cross in the middle). Is this common? What does this mean? Is it still the standard 5.56 military brass?

They appear to all have crimped primers and red die on the WCC ones and blueish on the FCs. Here is a pic so you can see for yourself (I've already wet tumbled these).

Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39575571/IMG_4794.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The same brass, just wasn't loaded to nato spec.

Load away and shoot.

sdshooter.........
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I see. Thanks for the quick reply. So it's still 5.56 brass and should be loaded as such? (i.e. don't reload to the same specs as my commercial .223 brass that I have like PMC, Fiocchi, etc).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Since 55 grain Mil ammo is not NATO, it doesn't get the cross.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just because it lacks the NATO circle and cross doesn't mean it isn't loaded for NATO spec, or that it's the 55gr pill.

I've got tons of M193 with NATO cross.

I also have tons of M855 without it.

Some brass just doesn't have it. I can't tell you exactly why, but lack thereof doesn't mean it's not loaded to NATO spec.

I don't think I have a single piece of WCC brass with the NATO cross.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just because it lacks the NATO circle and cross doesn't mean it isn't loaded for NATO spec, or that it's the 55gr pill.

I've got tons of M193 with NATO cross.

I also have tons of M855 without it.

Some brass just doesn't have it. I can't tell you exactly why, but lack thereof doesn't mean it's not loaded to NATO spec.

I don't think I have a single piece of WCC brass with the NATO cross.
View Quote

I have a couple thousand of the WCC cases with the NATO stamp. All of it came from Black Hills with the Mk262 rounds in it.

I had a bunch of 193 with the NATO cross on it a few years ago. All of the 855 I have ever seen had the cross on it.

I think it comes down to what ever brass Fed or who ever has on hand when they are loading a run of rounds.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've asked questions about that FC head stamp,

have not got good answer yet. This is ammo made

in Israel, presumably by IMI, sold under Independence

brand name. Federal (ATK) tells me they send the

components and cartridge cups to Israel. The cases

are formed and stuffed there, then imported into US.

FC .223 (AE brand) is notorious for loose primer

pockets. How is this FC Israeli made brass?

Anyone load this brass? I think people get confused

and think all FC is FC, which it isn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top