Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 5:12:48 AM EDT
Just finished reloading .45s with my last box of bullets that was purchased for............$65/1000. Remember those days.

Good thing I keep a good stock.

Still have a few boxes that were purchased under $100, but it won't be long before they are gone too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Just means you'll need moar money honey.

edit to add

I've already loaded and shot most of my cheap stashes
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just finished reloading .45s with my last box of bullets that was purchased for............$65/1000. Remember those days.

Still have a few boxes that were purchased under $100, but it won't be long before they are gone too.
View Quote

yep, the good old days buying IMI .45 ACP cases and bullets by the multiple 1k bags.   The good days at Wideners a looong time ago.

it kills me to see guys selling used mixed .357 magnum cases for $.50 each.   No fricken way will I buy mystery used at that price with no idea if it's had 1 factory load or 16 hot reloads.   Was even a problem on another board with guys selling "once fired" brass that was tired old brass with many miles on it, only run through steel pins in a thumler.   Watch your seller and ask those questions before saying I'll take it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least using cast can get you close to that price, the only thing I've run through my 45 for the last year has been cast from MB.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Last lead I bought was $35/500.

Been casting my own for the past 3 years and never looked back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top