Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 5:59:06 AM EDT
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it.

Loading .223 and I have the micrometer adjustment instead of the standard adjustment on the die. When i'm seating sometimes the die locks up. It appears to me that the pin inside that cusps the tip of the round has too much room and will go up out of the hole it normally

sits in and will hang up. I have my die turned down as far as I can without applying a crimp during seating and am set to seat my rounds at 2.255 for max mag length. I spray lube it and that seems to resolve it for 50 or so rounds before it will repeat the hang, which if i

jiggle the underside of the die it will reseat the pin. This is REALLY annoying and slows my pace.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The only suggestion I can come up with:  Try adjusting the die up a little and the seating plug down a little to get back to your desired length.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I had this happen once.

I cleaned it up very well and that took care of it.

If you have issues Lmk I can measure sleeve and seater pin just to

Give you specs to get on track quicker
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it.

Loading .223 and I have the micrometer adjustment instead of the standard adjustment on the die. When i'm seating sometimes the die locks up. It appears to me that the pin inside that cusps the tip of the round has too much room and will go up out of the hole it normally

sits in and will hang up. I have my die turned down as far as I can without applying a crimp during seating and am set to seat my rounds at 2.255 for max mag length. I spray lube it and that seems to resolve it for 50 or so rounds before it will repeat the hang, which if i

jiggle the underside of the die it will reseat the pin. This is REALLY annoying and slows my pace.
View Quote

Not me.
Clean the die
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
do you guys like it ? I gave it a try and stuck it back in the package and tossed it in the oh well drawer
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only suggestion I can come up with:  Try adjusting the die up a little and the seating plug down a little to get back to your desired length.
View Quote

proof i sometimes overthink things. Simple solution and worked like a charm. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top