Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 4:17:56 PM EDT
I just got into reloading and I'm looking for a strange item.  I'm looking for a .311(.303 Brit, 7.7 Jap, etc) bullet in 150 grn with either a hollow or soft point for hunting.  I know for sure Speer and Sierra offer a bullet without a canellure while Hornady offers one with.  But Hornady has discontinued it for the time being until they catch up on production.  Is there a go-to place for finding a large selection of bullets online?  Brownell's has the Speers, but I prefer bullets with a canellure.  My Mosin has been known to mess with bullet seating during loading so I like to crimp the bullet well.    

Anybody have a good place?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Midway has these in stock

Barenes Triple-Shock X Hollow Point, 150 grain, 0.311"

Midway Link

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have an answer for you... but, have you tried .308 bullets ... some Mosins fire the .308 bullets decently.

And I am still looking for you....
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't have an answer for you... but, have you tried .308 bullets ... some Mosins fire the .308 bullets decently.

And I am still looking for you....

View Quote
I thought about .308 bullets but I was under the impression they had lackluster performance except in the Finn Mosins due to larger Russian bores.  I was trying to stay close to the measurements I took from a sample of surplus Russian rounds, which use a .311 bullet.  Since .308 is probably cheaper and more readily available, I don't see a reason not to try them.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/6291

Kind of spendy.... but available, might be a Grafs exclusive....and given the current stock around the internet..you might want to order a few spare.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
System Message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top