Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2013 10:59:26 PM EDT
Anyone using Tula primers for their match ammo? Obviously it would not be the preferred primer to use but I am completely out of large rifle primers and Tula's are the only ones I can find in stock....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only used them in pistol...  I've found them to be slightly harder than the CCI primers I've used.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
i have been using them for almost two years and they shoot just fine as did the wolf primers I was using before them.  Got them for $15/1000

Shoots 1/2 moa in my bolt guns and 1 moa in my ARs if that helps.  All go bang.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I read on Accurate that Tula and Wolf are the same primer from the same plant.

And those Russian Primers are the ONLY way to go for MATCH ammo.  I haven't been able to score any in large rifle, but I have 10s of thousands of the SRM Wolf primers and wouldn't trade them for anything.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've only used them in pistol...  I've found them to be slightly harder than the CCI primers I've used.
View Quote

Same here.  I may use up my last few hundred in rifle because I'm sick of pulling down every 50th load due to failure to fire.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Hm... I may have to try some of them wolf or tula primers in the future... especially if they're cheaper.  $30/1k for primers is way more than what I was used to paying.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here.  I may use up my last few hundred in rifle because I'm sick of pulling down every 50th load due to failure to fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only had the issue with one of my pistols, the newer ones seem to have a stronger firing spring and hasn't had trouble with them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've only had the issue with one of my pistols, the newer ones seem to have a stronger firing spring and hasn't had trouble with them.
View Quote

I've had it happen with those 45 acp cases with the small primer pocket and wolf small pistol primers.

This happens EVEN in 1911s which are usually good at getting a stout strike on the primer...  Also happens on two FNX 45s.

Not a biggie since it's practice ammo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
TULAMMO KVB223 is what I use for my AR.  Shoots fine.  I'm happy.
gotten one FTF and one slam fire so far.  i'm not complaining though, its just for plinking and was like $23/1000

There's a lot of talk about using WOLF small rifle MAGNUM primers instead of the WOLF small rifle primers.
Just search through the threads and read up on it if you already haven't.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I guess I'll pick up a few and if I don't end up liking them I'm pretty sure I can sell them for what I'll have in them. I did a little research before I made my post but didn't find much about using them in a precision rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are buying for AR-15 use, the KVB556M or KVB223M primers are what you want.  KVB223 primers are good but may not light some ball powder loads.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are buying for AR-15 use, the KVB556M or KVB223M primers are what you want.  KVB223 primers are good but may not light some ball powder loads.
View Quote

No, they are for a .308 bolt gun. I have plenty of small rifle, I just need large rifle. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Tula LRM primers are the only magnum primers I have been able to find locally. I'll be using them in a .338 LM. Haven't loaded any yet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used small and large pistol, small and large rifle they work fine except for the occasional one that fails to ignite the primer...wolf never did that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top