Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2013 8:10:15 AM EDT
Cannot find any H110 or 296 in my part of the world..........what kind of success is anyone having with IMR 4227 with 150-165 supersonic loads........16 inch barrel and carbine gas system......thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't loaded much supersonic but had good luck with 9.5gr behind 208 AMAX subs.

Its an extruded rifle powder so theoretically it ought to be much less temp sensitive than many of the more common 300 blk powders.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
IMR has some recipes on their site for it.  I have not tried it yet, though, so no feedback on how well it runs in the blk.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IMR has some recipes on their site for it.  I have not tried it yet, though, so no feedback on how well it runs in the blk.

unfortunately.....no load data for supersonic in the 150-165 range
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
thats my go to powder for 7.62x40 so it should work. At 22gr its right at the neck and your only 5mm shorter so just look at your load data an see what you could load it at. But it works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top