Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:07:04 PM EDT
Ive had a pro chrono digital for a while now, works great and is very easy to use.
Only downside is when using it at the club range its a pain to switch strings etc. So i picked up the usb interface software for it.

Ive had it for a little while and the first few times i couldent get it to work well, 10% rule ya know LOL
Took the laptop out sunday with me and set everything up was overcast and cold 30*, Worked flawlessly!

By far one of the best buys yet, very easy to use all it really does is interface with the chrono for control and visuals. It doesent save any data but you can export it. I didnt try the export thing but i will next time.

So if you have or need a chrono i suggest the digi and the usb interface works great.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
For any of the DIYers out there, DIY ProChrono Dongle. I would have just ordered one if would had been instock when I was looking for one.  Eh, i like tinkering and a DIY one cost me $20-$25 for parts.  Will post up pics there with the parts list I used once I get it buttoned up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice chrono.  I've had one for awhile now with the usb attachment for my tablet and the IR screens for indoor use.  Just took a few minutes to get the port configured right.  Since then it's just worked.  I agree and think it's a  "best buy" overall.  I'm looking at the new barrel mounted chrono that's out but still on the fence.  It's a want but not really a need .... yet ....

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoy having a remote display on my Beta Chrony. It saved me some money too. It turns out that the brains are all in the display. That makes the rest of the Chrony dirt cheap. Mister 460 S&W did not play nicely with Mister Chrony. After a $45 counseling session (read: new Chrony minus the display) everybody gets along much better now.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really enjoy having a remote display on my Beta Chrony. It saved me some money too. It turns out that the brains are all in the display. That makes the rest of the Chrony dirt cheap. Mister 460 S&W did not play nicely with Mister Chrony. After a $45 counseling session (read: new Chrony minus the display) everybody gets along much better now.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/26747_1281953282654_872093_n.jpg

Don't forget to use wooden dowels vs. the metal ones so if you do hit a rod it doesn't jack things up.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a nice chrono.  I've had one for awhile now with the usb attachment for my tablet and the IR screens for indoor use.  Just took a few minutes to get the port configured right.  Since then it's just worked.  I agree and think it's a  "best buy" overall.  I'm looking at the new barrel mounted chrono that's out but still on the fence.  It's a want but not really a need .... yet ....

What tablet are you using? I have been looking at netbooks and such so i dont need to hump my laptop out to the range all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top