Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2012 2:48:24 PM EDT

I like it. Got a set of lee 9mm dies with the factory crimp die too. May have to sell the RCBS stuff I have used for the last 30 years. The priming system seems a little chintzy but does work. I have used a single stage press for so long that it is hard to change the way I do things. It take a real change in your mindset and processes.

edit
Trying to add a picture
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I can get 200 rounds of 45 acp loaded in an hour on mine if there aren't any interruptions. The large primer feeder works way better than the small one.

Good times!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your new press/Christmas present.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I prime on press.  When I moved from single stage to the the turret, I found I could load 2-3 X faster.  Love mine.

As you start reloading for multiple calibers, I recommend you get a turret and an auto disk for each caliber.  Keep the auto disk installed on the turret.  Then when you need to switch calibers,  you just swap turrets, add powder and start pulling the handle.  Very productive.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The priming system seems a little chintzy but does work.

If adjusted right you'll find it's a very easy and smooth setup to use
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
your pics don't seem to be loading

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would prime off press.

i love my lee for priming. i use that to prime over my lnl ap for .223
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I use my Lee turret as a single stage. I don't even know, where the indexing rod went. I prime off press with a RCBS universal hand primer.

GlockMonk
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had mine for 6 years or so. Loaded thousands of 9mm, .40,.38,.45 and 223. It has served me well. I prime on the press no problems. Good luck and enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I prime on press. It is chincy - but works as fast as I need to go. I find loading the bullets is what slows me down. Works great. I have a plate for each caliber. Very handy to switch back and forth. Last week I did 600 rounds of .45 auto. This week it is .41 magnum. Next week I'll have to replace the few hundred .38 spl. the family and I shot this morning.....You will like it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Love my Lee Turret too!  Also, don't know where the heck my indexing rod is, either!  LOL!  By the way, I read somewhere that it is a good idea to get spares of the small, square-shaped part associated with the rod, because it fails.  Just like my memory is for names......
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The priming system seems a little chintzy but does work.

If adjusted right you'll find it's a very easy and smooth setup to use

This.  IIRC there is a minor tweak posted online that helps align the primer assembly that tad bit needed to make it work really well.  It's been awhile and I just don't recall the specifics but you should be able to find it online.  Anyways at first I had the same opinion of the primer setup but after adjusting ... it just works.  Get it set properly and go with priming on the press.  It's also pretty darn fast to reload too.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top