Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 8:31:48 PM EDT
I was loading some 200 gr berrys fp for my 45 acp 5.7 of 231 and a col of 1.20 my kimber seemed to shot the ok, my friends kimber didn't like them at all went to rack a round the slide wouldn't close all the way on 3 consecutive rounds. It took both of use to pull the slide back to eject the round.
He loaded some with the same but use a col of 1.160 and they worked fine. But that seems a little to short?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are loading the 200 RS that length is about right. Especially for a Kimber. I've run a few thousand of those in mine. Only complaint I have is they slip on the feed ramp. Sometimes as much as .010".  Once a round is chambered, I don't rechamber it.  It's either fired or discarded. I am crimping to .468 which is as far as you need to go. Any tighter on the crimp and the Berry's bullets will tear.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The 1.20 is right?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The 1.16.  The RS seems to work best a little short.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks for the info. I was reading that most liked them at 1.230 and I was afraid that he was loading the 1.160 way to short
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top