Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2012 7:41:22 PM EDT
What's the easiest way to empty my powder dispenser?
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn it to the side and dump the powder in the original container.  Then cycle a couple cases through it to get the remainder out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
loosen the two hex bolts on the clamp and lift it off.  You have to just about remove them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. That's what I did buy just thought it was a hassle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
use a funnel when you pour the powder back into the jug or can.  I also manually activate the powder bar a couple times, there's always some powder in the charge bar that regular dumping doesn't seem to get

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I just remove the whole tool head to pour the powder back into the canister and hand cycle the measure a few times.  Quick, easy and it's just removing the two tool head locating pins.

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I just remove the whole tool head to pour the powder back into the canister and hand cycle the measure a few times.  Quick, easy and it's just removing the two tool head locating pins.  

Yup, I do the same. Remove whole tool head and dump form the top of the hopper. Then I place the bottom end over the powder bottle and cycle the charge bar a few times by hand.

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's what I do, I have a powder hopper for each tool head and I just pop off the fail safe linkage and pull the 2 pins and dump and then cycle it a couple times.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I just pull the pins on my 550, remove the tool head and dump.

I don't know about other presses.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just pull the pins on my 550, remove the tool head and dump.

I don't know about other presses.

That's what I do, too.  Pull the pins, unclick the throttle cable connector (safety lever on the measure) and pull the entire toolhead from the press.  Dump the hopper using a large funnel.  Cycle the powder bar a few times to empty the deep , dark cavernous recesses of the measure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top