Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:17:15 AM EDT
I don't expect to be using it terribly soon, but I'd like to maximize the parts from this single vendor, and minimize shipping per part.

I'd like to eventually reload 9mm, 40, 45acp, 556, 308, and possibly 7.62x39 / 30-06 (last two won't be for a while...if ever).

Here's what I've currently got in my basket:

LNL AP

10 pack bushing set

3-pack shell holder springs (extras)

#1 shell plate (308/30.06)

#6 shell plate (7.62x39)  - may remove

#8 shell plate (9mm)

#10 shell plate (.40)

#16 shell plate (.223)

#45 shell plate (.45)
How about:

Pistol measure?

Powder Cop?

Other "needed" items?

What other LNL specific, "will need regardless" parts should I place in this order?  I'm not looking to buy a complete, ready-to-roll setup...just pick up all the "necessary" parts from a common vendor.  Aftermarket parts that work better than Hornady parts would be purchased later, from other vendors.  I'm just looking to maximize this order on parts that may become hard to find later.

Help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a powder cop but don't use it anymore.  For pistol cases I visually check the amount since I'm already using all 5 stations with the $28 bullet feeder.   I would probably use it once I go back to rifle.  

I'd get another 10 pack bushing set.  You specify 5 and up to 7 calibers so you will probably need them at one time or another.

You might want to get some more primer pickup tubes, I only use one set but some purchase more.

I suggest you search and read the $28 bullet feeder post and purchase the parts needed for that.  Like the PTX Powder Measure stop.

You might want a seperate Case Activated Lower Assembly for each caliber / powder charge you use.

Pistol Micrometer and Rifle Micrometer are good ideas too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha, I was in your shoes a few days ago

plates, looks like you got that covered

extra bushings, you got that covered

cop die

I would also recommend some Hornday oneshot cleaner and dry lube, you're going to need it as you'll need to clean out the storage oil that comes in your powder drop and lube it

I also ordered one of these:  http://powderfunnels.com/products.html

I plan on ordering one of these too very soon, so I don't have to re-adjust my power die  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/231522/hornady-quick-change-powder-die?cm_vc=wishList

Good luck with getting everything from one place, everywhere I checked was out of a few things.

If you're ordering from midway, don't forget about the ar15.com $15-$25-$35 off coupon codes

If I forgot anything, I'd love to hear it too
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Ordered LNL AP last night from Mid-South Shooter Supply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top