Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 2:16:50 PM EDT
And I re-sized my brass before annealing.  

Usually I anneal and THEN resize, but my main question is will this have any effect on neck tension, or do I need to resize again?

This is for a .308 win precision rifle btw.

On another note, I'm starting to notice that I'm beginning to lose track of how many times certain brass has been fired.  How do you guys track your brass?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You may get a case separation from the hardened brass being softened by the annealing.
I bought some supposedly once fired brass, reloaded it without annealing, and have had several case separations with that brass.
It was recently fired Federal which probably explains why I had that problem.
I keep brass separate for the rifles I shoot with a written record i.e. 100 round case with reloading label.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would measure it,
I doubt you will see any noticeable difference. the annealing helps by relieving the work hardening in the brass neck from being shot and stretched, resized, and pushed back in place.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top