Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 2:13:50 PM EDT
So I decided I loathe chamfer and deburring and I am for the easy route by going electric.
I have been searching around and the usual names pop up but I am liking the looks of this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/245424/hornady-lock-n-load-power-case-prep-trio-110-220-volt

I would like to hear what others have and give what you think are the pros and cons of your setup.

Thanks for the input.

Made your link hot for you. (second icon from the right, paperclip on globe) dryflash3
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's only chamfer and debarring that you dislike you can go much cheaper and get a three-way cutter for a trimmer. LINK

I load progressie and single stage so I do things different and sometimes unconventional.

I have a RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center that houses different heads based on what caliber I'm shooting. I also have the RCBS Trim Pro Power Trimmer with a carbide cutter.

I deprime, trim, chamfer, debur, remove crimp, clean primer pocket then I'm good to go. Using everything electric is a huge life saver in time and energy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks TM that is a possibility, but I have to buy a .30 one also, putting me in the same range as an electric station.

I appreciate the link, didn't know about those.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Giraud Power Trimmer

I used to sort sized brass with a case gauge and only trim the over length ones using a possum hollow trimmer and then chamfer and debur.   I can trim with the Giraud just about as quick as I can check a case in the case gauge, and every case comes out with a nice chamfer and is deburred.

I don't clean primer pockets, and use a Dillon Super Swage to address crimped primer pockets.

I size brass on my Hornady LNL using the case feeder handle the lubed cases (yes, I'm that lazy)

ETA:  I realize it's not cheap (the Giraud), but I trimmed a 1 gallon bucket of .223 brass last night in about 30 min (I'm not sure on the time, I was interrupted by a couple phone calls)
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Stump:

I've been looking at the same unit, and waiting for the 'Coming Soon' status to change to available with reviews.

I'm torn about the economy of the Giraud system, and I'm afraid Hornady's deburr/chamfer station is going to be too little too late.

Good luck with your choice.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a RCBS case prep center and its still slow. The last 2000 223 brass I processed I used a 3 way cutter on the RCBS trimmers which is great and then chucked the primer pocket brush or reamer up to my drill which makes short work out of the rest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should state your budget when you ask questions like this. Otherwise the high end tools will be suggested often.

RCBS makes the Trim mate.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/dryflash3/Tools/P8100501.jpg

5 stations, lots of tools you can install. Threaded for 8/32. Had mine since 1998. My only complaint is I wished the RPM was a little higher.

Upper left is primer pocket uniformer, upper right Hornady PP reamer/crimp remover. Top center flashole debur tool.

I see Midway is back ordered, check the other vendors.

Good luck

Yeah, sorry. Well not the $300+ ones. Seems what I am looking for is under $150, so thats my budget.
I already have Hornady case prep stuff so I will probably wait on that one at Midway.

Those RCBS 3 way cutters are tempting, as I have a line on another trimmer for $20 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 I use the same set up.

I like the Dillon SS the best but three of us went in on it and it gets passed around a lot so when I need a back up.  I also use the rcbs single stage Crimp remover.

Quoted:

You should state your budget when you ask questions like this. Otherwise the high end tools will be suggested often.

RCBS makes the Trim mate.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/dryflash3/Tools/P8100501.jpg

5 stations, lots of tools you can install. Threaded for 8/32. Had mine since 1998. My only complaint is I wished the RPM was a little higher.

Upper left is primer pocket uniformer, upper right Hornady PP reamer/crimp remover. Top center flashole debur tool.

I see Midway is back ordered, check the other vendors.

Good luck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top