Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 9:21:59 PM EDT
I was forming 300BLK brass the other night and glanced at my pile of .277 projectiles and thought to myself,  .277 is not far from .308.....
I wondered if anyone had tried it?

I have searched and can't find any info if a round was ever made or attempted with the parent case being .223, and the projo being .277

Has it been done?  (thinking similarly to the 300 Blackout..... chop, neck down to .277 instead of .308...    
or maybe just neck full length brass up to .277?? (fire form?)

Why?   I don't know.  

thoughts?  History?

Thanks....

eta: correcting the autocorrected typo... yes autocorrect, I really did want to say "maybe" instead of "many" thank you very much
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#2]
We are working on a new version of this now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We are working on a new version of this now.

sweet, i will be watching for updates.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
So from the threads listed, it looks like it is called 6.8x40 ?
Seemed like 3 or 4 caliber workups being discussed simultaneously in those threads... was a bit hard to screen out the 6.8/277 stuff, but I think I got the just of it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!  I would be very interested in this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top