Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2011 5:55:13 PM EDT
I have a 550b and whenever i put the primers in the primer tube, and feed them into the other tube thats actually ON the 550B, no matter what, i get over 3/4 of them that are either flipped the wrong way or are long ways.   I am putting 100 in per tube. When i flip it over to put them into the other tube thats in the actual primer feeding one, i do it fast as hell so they aint sliding everywhere.  I just dont get it.

EDIT: this isnt me, but a good example of what else happens when I am trying to reload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58udSthjZuw

Also, i have made sure i am indexing the plastic tab correctly.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you putting small primers in a large primer tube?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
are you using a large primer tube to load small primers? I was having problems with the last primers (small primers in small tube) turning upside down. Putting the primer follower rod in the primer tube before pulling the pin out to drop the primers cured that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have actually made sure I was not doing that and it is the small tube (yellow and blue ends) that i am using.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
are you using a large primer tube to load small primers? I was having problems with the last primers (small primers in small tube) turning upside down. Putting the primer follower rod in the primer tube before pulling the pin out to drop the primers cured that.

I did just think of trying that.... dont see why i SHOULD have to, but if i have to, i will.  

ive noticed though that alot of them get hung up (with the primer tube used to load them in) where the metal tube ends and the hard (blue) plastic begins.  im sure it has to do with them getting moved around when flipped, but sometimes its like they dont want to feed ouf of it even though it looks like there is nothing blocking it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
change the blue plastic thing at the end of the tube.
i find they have to be changed out every once in a while.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
change the blue plastic thing at the end of the tube.
i find they have to be changed out every once in a while.

ill try that.  thxs
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
run a bore brush through the tube , I had one that stuff hung up in and that cured it
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Definatly wrong tube..I know this from experience.  I am the idiot who had to call dillion and ask why some of my primers was coming out upside down..

Primers are dumping because you dont have the little white plastic piece behind the metal flap installed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have a 550, but on the 650 there is another primer tube (magazine) in the middle of the black tube (magazine shield) on the press.  Unscrew the knurled magazine shield cap on top of it, remove the internal large primer magazine (will have a brass end) and replace it with the small primer magazine.

If the 550 doesn't work this way, my apologies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top