Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2011 8:06:11 PM EDT
Anyone got any loads they would like to share?I have found very limited data;about all I got to start with is Ramshots info with True Blue(which I heard is what FN uses in the factory loads produced).I have some brass and also would like to find a good source for it and tried to find out if some of the bullets used in the SS195 load are available for reloading.No one around here knows much about it and sure seems like they are gonna start any time soon.Ramsshot states it is very sensitive and you should increase load development at a .1 a grain as you work it up and seating depth is crucial.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this is not what you want to hear, but reloading for the 5.7 is not worth it, IMHO.

I was party to helping my friend do it and it was a mess.
Between the unburnt powder,  stuck cases, and blown mags its just not worth it for such a sensitive round.

Sorry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The one thing I can help you with is CCI .50 BMG primer trays hold 100 cases very nicely.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been getting good results with this load in my AR-57
:
40gr. Hornady Vmax
6.5gr.  AA#7 powder.
CCI 400's
OAL 1.525"

load info from Lyman 49th ed.
AA#7
starting charge 6.2gr.
max charge 7.0gr.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The 5.7 IS worth reloading if you are not happy with factory ammo accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the cost of Fact ammo?

Its does look like i fun round to shoot/reload....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Lots of good info on the FN forums for reloading the 5.7.  Have done it for the P90 but sold the gun.  Most important thing to know is DO NOT tumble the brass to clean it.  The coating on the brass is essential to it functioning properly, at least in a P90.  Brass is cleaned with a mild detergent washing, such as Simple Green.

Best source of reloading data is Accurate Powder and Ramshot (both owned by the same company).  I used Accurate #7 powder with Speer 33 grain TNTs and Hornady 40 gr Vmax.  Both shot OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top