Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 4:41:21 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the square tray on the new Lee XR priming tool will fit the old auto primer hand tool?

I ask because I have one of 21st Century hand priming tools coming and need to order a tray for it and would like to use the square tray if possible.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  The internal geometry is different.  That and the only thing good about the square tray is the shape.  All the other changes that went with it SUCK and are integral to the tray.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I may just cancel the order then since I really didnt need the priming tool and because the round tray is not even made by Lee anymore, if you need a replacement tray you have to buy a new XR priming tool.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well LEE will...........

Hand Priming Tool
The original Auto Prime with the round primer trays was Discontinued in October 2010,  and most of the parts are no longer available. The only option that we have available at this time would be to send us the original Auto Prime,  and we can offer you the new Auto Prime XR at half price. This is the priming tool that replaced the original Auto Prime. The cost of this would be $12.49+$5.00 shipping. Please send the Auto Prime to us with a note stating why you are sending it to us and what you would like us to do for you along with your complete billing and shipping address, payment and a daytime phone number.

Lee Precision
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027
phone: (262) 673-3075

Aloha, Mark

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top