Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 7:20:55 AM EDT
Anyone using this in their .223's?  I got an 8lb keg for $120 last week,seemed like a good deal it's ball, should meter well, just want to know how well it works for you. My AR is an A4 with a 16.5" bbl, TAC works great but is $20 a lb locally. I found a lot of once fired two weeks ago and want to load an Ammo can full of SHTF M193.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I used up whatever stock of it I had about 5 years ago.  Works great for 55 gr, had no problems in 20" or 16" AR's.

There's a disclaimer on AA's site about 2200 might be too fast for some rifles http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DP2200.pdf
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone using this in their .223's?  I got an 8lb keg for $120 last week,seemed like a good deal it's ball, should meter well, just want to know how well it works for you. My AR is an A4 with a 16.5" bbl, TAC works great but is $20 a lb locally. I found a lot of once fired two weeks ago and want to load an Ammo can full of SHTF M193.

I have some from when it was about $ 80 a jug .  Have used it for years and like it .  My standard cheap powder for .223 .

Both 55 grain and 62 grain pulls .

God bless
Wyr
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The new stuff is a little slower than the old stuff(depending on the lot of old being compared, there where two different lots and one was faster than the other), the old stuff was a mil surplus powder sold in the wet and the new stuff is a production grade powder made by St Marks powder as one of their new high energy ball powders to closely match the slower lot of the old 2200 since so many BR shooters liked the old stuff, anyway they have lots of new data for the new 2200 so I wouldn't worry about the old warnings or data to much.

I only use it in 6.8 SPC and have been for almost a year, it works great with 100-130gr bullets and produces more velocity and better accuracy than any other powder I've used in 6.8, I havent loaded any for .223 yet but plan to soon since I have 16 lbs of the new stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top