Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 7:23:12 PM EDT
I finaly got my 6.8 SPC upper built and now I need some loaing advice. I have SSA and Hornady cases. 110gr v-maxes, 110 nosler accubonds, and 115 nosler bthp bullets. It seems every reloading manual has a differant powder they prefer. I'm hoping to use one powder and load for all three bullets. So what powders do you guys use and do use differant loads for the differant bullets of the same weight. I don't know if it matters much but my upper has a 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I use H322 for the 110's.

It would be helpful if you provided more specs on the barrel, rate of twist and chamber type, etc... it has some bearing on what loads you are capable of with the 6.8.

I have a WOA 1-11" twist with a spec II chamber, and worked up to 29.0 gr of H322 with Hornady 110 gr VMAX and HPBT rounds with good results.

You will find a lot of good load data in the reloading section of the 68forums as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
28 grains of H 322 will be very accurate and burns real clean.. Seat the bullets long for best accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm also interested in 6.8 SPC loads for the 85-gr and 95-gr TTSX bullets; I have the SPC II chamber and 1:11 twist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Check on 68forums to find quite a bit of data. The "sweetheart" powders are generally RL-7, RL10X, H322, one from AA and one from St Marks. I can't get the St Marks locally so that has been out of the equation for me. I don't use alot of AA powders either. I haven't done alot of reloading for my 6.8 yet so I don't have much useful data to share. I will say, check which data you are obtaining from the internet. Many of us have the 6.8 DMR chambering, not the SPECII  !!!! That is the one the Harrison from ARPerformance modified so it would allow for faster rounds.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a spec II chamber with a 1-11" twist fron bison armory.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a spec II chamber with a 1-11" twist fron bison armory.

You should be GTG then. Try H322 or REL10X for best results with the bullets listed. If you can, load out to 2.28-2.30"
COL depending on your mags. I run 29.0 grains of H322 under 110 VMAX, 110 HPBT and 110 Sierra Pro Hunters,
all with really good results from two different 6.8 rifles. I load mine out to 2.290-2.295" COL.

-ZA
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check on 68forums to find quite a bit of data. The "sweetheart" powders are generally RL-7, RL10X, H322, one from AA and one from St Marks. I can't get the St Marks locally so that has been out of the equation for me. I don't use alot of AA powders either. I haven't done alot of reloading for my 6.8 yet so I don't have much useful data to share. I will say, check which data you are obtaining from the internet. Many of us have the 6.8 DMR chambering, not the SPECII  !!!! That is the one the Harrison from ARPerformance modified so it would allow for faster rounds.

The new AA2200 powder is made by St Marks also, the other St Marks powder is faster and works better for the real light bullets but it's only made for SSA right now and the only person using it is HTR from 68forums since he helped develop loads for SSA at one point so it cant be bought anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm also interested in 6.8 SPC loads for the 85-gr and 95-gr TTSX bullets; I have the SPC II chamber and 1:11 twist.

30 grains  H 322

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The new AA2200 powder is made by St Marks also, the other St Marks powder is faster and works better for the real light bullets but it's only made for SSA right now and the only person using it is HTR from 68forums since he helped develop loads for SSA at one point so it cant be bought anywhere.

Ok, well that explains it. I kept looking at the St Marks website and could find the damn buy button.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top