Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 6:56:25 PM EDT
I realize there is a thread right next to this one, but I want to know if anyone has had problems with these. I bought 2k of them several weeks ago and when I went to post pictures I realized that around the cannelure a lot of them have a thinner diameter, and just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this and if it will negatively effect accurracy.

I dont want to load them if there is an issue with them and see if Hi-tech will give me a refund.

Look at the bottom and right ones.

I just picked one up and right below the cannelure it measure .219" on the cannelure it measures .220" and 1mm below the cannelure it measures .221" At the widest point it does get to .224"

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have Hi Tech bullets.  BUT.......since you're considering a refund.  

This is just my .02.........on the subject of "bulk bullets"............

IMHO......you can buy the "bulk" no name stuff........but, you may not be as happy. Frankly, it may even be made in _______ (other than USA).

Buying the "named" brand stuff has the "theory" behind it, that it's first rate. Because, the mfn is willing to place his name on the box. Thus, saying something.

FWIW.......I once heard, that bulk bullets were from the beginning and ends of the production runs or when the machine was "adjusted." Or, from different machine production lines just thrown into a large hopper, to be counted out later.

The best, middle of the production run bullets, from a single machine were said to be used for the 100 bullet boxes.

Then again, there was a time when Match bulk bullets (from a certain mfn) were said to have come off the machine, one after another, only spitting into a larger 500 box package size.

How much of it or IF it's true at all........who knows?

Then, manufacturers differ on how they do things.  So, YMWV.

Good enough is about all I'd expect from your pulled bullets.  Actually, I'd expect less from them vs. "bulk" never loaded bullets.  But truthfully......isn't that conception already reflected in the price?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW............there once was a thread about those 55 gr FMJ Winchester bullets............

So.........do you expect/think these will be good for 1" groups?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought a 1000 pulled SS109's a while ago and they were fine and shot well, so i ordered 1000 SS109's and 2000 M193's. The SS109's didnt seem to have anything near as bad.

I was hoping for 2-3" at 100 yards. Enough to hit my 40% ISPC AR500 steel target, which I dont want to shoot at with SS109's

EDIT: Measureing some SS109's the thinnest is .222" right above and below the cannelure, but the widest point is still .224"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top