Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:54 PM EDT
Finally received my custom seater plugs from RCBS about two weeks ago and just got around to trying one of them out tonight. I was disappointed and somewhat confused when it wouldn't screw into the seater die. Long story short, I discovered that the stem below the threads was oversize. Fortunately, I'm a decent problem solver and used the poor man's lathe(drill/drill press and a file) to turn the stem down a couple of thousandths. Now it screws into the die just fine and I can load some ammo.  Not much else to do with icy roads and a wind chill of -1 F.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Little bit of ingenuity and determination will solve all kinds of problems.  

Now, if only everyone had that attitude...  

Glad it was an easy fix.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I did something similar with shell holders. I have the Hornady case center that only uses Hornady or Redding Shell Holders. The hole in the center of the Redding shell holders I have were a bit tight and wouldnt work, so I chucked them up in my wood lathe and wrapped some sandpaper around an old pistol rod to open them up. We are getting ice in my neck of the woods as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top