Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:03:51 PM EDT

Going through my latest batch of range brass, I was astounded at how many .45ACP cases I found with small primers... not just Federal brass, but Blazer brass as well.  While I sorted them out, the quantity of them makes me wonder if I shouldn't go ahead and load them anyway.

Other than "start at minimum and work up", does anyone have any tips, tricks, or info to pass along when using small primers?

Also, I have a number of small pistol magnum primers, on hand... would they be acceptable?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been collecting a few of them as well. Some runs of Federal, some Blazer Brass, and Winchester non-toxic.

I've only got about a dozen of them so far, but I've got 100rds of Blazer Brass that my brother bought me for Christmas that have small primers as well.

I'm just gonna save them until I get 200 or so, then I'll just do a run of them special. I'd imagine the SPM primers will be perfectly fine with the case capacity of .45.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a ton of Fiocchi and blazer. Started loading them with Small magnum pistol primers and plastic training rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top