Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 2:20:05 PM EDT
Anyone else have a problem with Titegroup clinging to everything?  It seems to hang inside the powder measure as well as within the drop tube.  It's even difficult to weigh it once it's in the shell as it won't come out.  Switching powders is going to be a PITA.  Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Dryer sheets. Wipe everything down good with them. Flake powders love to stick to stuff with even the smallest amount of static.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dryer sheets. Wipe everything down good with them. Flake powders love to stick to stuff with even the smallest amount of static.

Yep what he Said
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
A little bit. The dryer sheets will help a lot. I haven't actually had any problem with TG coming out of the case, though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep what he Said

+1

If you think tightgroup is bad try wst.  I quit using it for anything but 12g
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Here's a pic of my bottle of Power Pistol with the dryer sheet rubber banded to the bottle.

An alternative to dryer sheets is static spray for monitors.

Notice in the background, my powder measure has a dryer sheet in the hopper when not in use.

Thanks for posting the photo!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the same problem. A  dryer sheet helped a lot. I also put a humidifier in the room which seemed to help.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a shop rag I keep sprayed with Static Guard Spray. It works even after it dries and seems to work better and longer than the dryer sheets. The rag doesn't snag on every rough surface like the dryer sheets either. I hate static.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top