Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 7:20:39 PM EDT
What dimension is that?  My Sierra manual has .473" for mouth diameter.

And what do you use for 40S&W, 9mm & .380auto?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.saami.org/

Varying case mouth diameters from SAAMI spec are result of varying bullet diameters and brass wall thickness that are not SAAMI spec. Such as with 45acp bullets, both .451 and .452 bullets are common. Nickel plated brass has a thicker wall than non plated brass. Sierra's recommendation of .473 is worrisome for most pistol chambers and most likely require your chamber to be reamed to accommodate. Be a tight fit. .470 or .471 is where I like to see my 45acp case mouth diameter at for feed ability. .473 would have to be a diameter for maximum seal to achieve max accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What dimension is that?  My Sierra manual has .473" for mouth diameter.

And what do you use for 40S&W, 9mm & .380auto?

What ever the manual says is the case mouth diameter subtract .002 or .003 from that and crimp to that diameter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top