Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 10:23:00 AM EDT
All,

After picking up some new Sierra bullets this morning, I was wondering if anyone had a recommended load for the Sierra 95 grain 9mm FMJ bullet.  I do not have Sierra's manual available as I just have Hornady and Speer's manuals.  I have Bullseye, Titegroup, and AA#5 powders available.  From what I have heard, I would prefer to use AA#5.  If it matters, I will be using a Springfield XDM, and my primers will be CCI, with cases being WCC 60 (Winchester Ranger NATO).  

Thanks in advance,

damp
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sierra's latest manual lists;

Bullseye - starting load 4.3 grains @ 1150 fps.                   Maximum load 5.4 grains @ 1300 fps

Tite Group isn't listed but you would use a little LESS than the charges posted for Bullseye.

AA-#5 - starting load 6.5 grains @ 1100 fps.                      Maximum load 7.4 grains @ 1250 fps.

Sierra's accuracy load is 5.0 grains of Bullseye for 1250 fps with this 95 grain bullet.

Sierra's hunting load (max power and acceptable accuracy) is 4.8 grains of Clays for 1300 fps. That is also a maximum according to Sierra.

OAL of 1.020".

4" barrel velocities.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much, Border.  I really appreciate it.  

damp
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I never had any luck with 95 gr in 9mm, the bullet can't be seated that deep.  Use the 95's for 380ACP if you have a 380ACP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top