Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 4:35:55 AM EDT
I'm building a new a reloading bench and I thought Hornady Red paint would match most of my equipment.  

Anyone know what shade of red or where I can purchase the appropriate paint for this project?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a die box with you to Home Depot or Lowes and have them match the paint.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
i like the soothing, eye pleasing shade of emerald green that REDDING offers. enough about me.

jh308, maybe you could take off the handle from your press and take it to a paint and body shop for a color match up. they're the best at it.

dunno about the cost though...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Ford Red.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ford Red.

Lowes or Home depot has a machine that can match paint.  All you have to do is bring in something they can scan.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The nearest Home Depot or Lowes is a few hundred miles away.

I'll see if I can match something close enough locally.

Thanks for the reply's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply's.

Few hundred miles Where in the hell do you live

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply's.

And how do you have internet?

running water ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The legs of this bench are done in Pratt & Lambert #3-15, "Red Carriage".  Based on the colour chip, it looked to be midway between Lee red and Hornady red.  In practice, after three coats it almost perfectly matches the Lee red, but it's still closer to the Hornady than the plastic bin that came with the press.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be afraid to paint my bench the same color as my press.  Might not be able to see the press and could go crazy trying to remember where I put it.

Would probably accuse SWMBO of moving it and end up with a knot on my head.

And that's all I have to say about that !
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
First post here...

Personally, I have no idea what Ford Red is, but apparently, that's the color you want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful bench.

Myself, I would put some posters or targets on the walls.

Did you make your own "strong mount", or does Hornady sell them?

Thanks, I'm quite fond of the fir top.  The thing that most people remark on when they see it is that all five shelves are on drawer slides, so you can pull them out to dig for the tools and components you need.

The plan is to put a shelf on that facing wall this winter, we'll see if there is room for posters after that is up.

I made the LNL mounting bracket, it's just a piece of 1/8" sheet steel, with a couple of bends in it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ford Red.

Quoted:
First post here...

Personally, I have no idea what Ford Red is, but apparently, that's the color you want.

Perfect, thanks guys.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply's.

And how do you have internet?

running water ?

In the middle of nowhere.  Fits me perfectly.  

The internet is through a tethered droid and I work on water wells for a living..

Quoted:
The legs of this bench are done in Pratt & Lambert #3-15, "Red Carriage".  Based on the colour chip, it looked to be midway between Lee red and Hornady red.  In practice, after three coats it almost perfectly matches the Lee red, but it's still closer to the Hornady than the plastic bin that came with the press.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii102/BattleRife/front2.jpg

Very nice.  I found an old rolling 8-drawer tool box that I'm mounting a 6' squared piece of wood on for the top.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top