Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 12:38:46 PM EDT
What is the best reloading supply sight?  I am looking to restock.  Particularly shotgun reloading components.  I need 12/20/.410 once fired (empty) shotgun shells.  But I am always looking for a new site to order from.  One of my favorites is scharch for rifle reloading components.  What is yours?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always had good luck getting once fired hulls from local trap and skeet ranges. Most of the time when you buy them online, the added cost of shipping really negates getting a good deal out of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont reload shotgun but I bet 300+ rounds of 20 & 12 gauge was fired at the range while I was there, every one went into the trash.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you read through the sticky threads at the top of this forum?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you read through the sticky threads at the top of this forum?

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an allotment on my LES going to Graf and Sons.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Top of the page, look in the Links.

That's what is being hinted at.

There must be something in the water. The Mods are going soft.

Once you go through the list of links, the interweb really does not have much else to offer in terms of reloading.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy them or get them free (hulls) from trapshooters and skeet shooters who otherwise toss em
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Top of the page, look in the Links.

That's what is being hinted at.

There must be something in the water. The Mods are going soft.

Once you go through the list of links, the interweb really does not have much else to offer in terms of reloading.

This mod is worn out from the repetition.

Anyway, if I had to order shotgun components, I would buy value packs of loaded ammo on sale at Walmart instead.  I prefer to reload, but I have to draw the line some place.

Yup,  not worth reloading when you can buy the value packs at the current prices.  Unless you're talking .410 or 28 gauge.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been wanting to reload 12 gauge slugs for a while. I looked on GunBroker for shotgun hulls. You might check them out and see what you can find in your flavor.

jonblack
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Gamaliel Shooting Supply is great for shotshell stuff

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyway, if I had to order shotgun components, I would buy value packs of loaded ammo on sale at Walmart instead.  I prefer to reload, but I have to draw the line some place.

The Federal and Winchester promo loads use hulls that are apparently terrible for reloading.  The Remingtons are a bit better and should use STS data.  They don't have the longevity of an STS hull though.

For those who need hunting loads, or something besides 12ga #7.5 birdshot, shotshell reloading can be very economical.

OP, Gamaliel and Ballistic Products are some of the better places for shotshell specific items, although Grafs, Midway, Wideners, Powder Valley, and Midsouth are good too.

Shot can be very expensive to ship unless you buy it by the pallet.  Look into reclaimed shot in your area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top