Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 5:04:37 PM EDT
I have some 150 Sierra Gamekings and Varget. Need some load recipes and OAL.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, you need to understand that is what reloading manuals are for, oh yeah Sierra Manual might be the first stop.  They make the bullet; they have the best bet for data as COAL and Varget powder charges using Federal Brass.

Next, you need to realize that various brands come into play here with some load data worked up in WW cases in the case of Hodgdon web site for Varget.  Whereas, the Sierra manual uses Federal brass.

Next, you need to work up a load based on your GUN, and not some fellow's over charged loads....you reduce 10 percent and work up your loads in 1 percent increment or so looking for accruacy, reliability, and above SAFETY.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I Have the Sierra Manual. It does not have the Gameking listed, only the Matchking. I am also extremely safe with loads. I can load and walk about 20 feet and have a 200 yard range to check the loads at my ranch.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Sierra's phone number is 660-827-6300. They have a dedicated, knowledgeable staff to answer your questions and give charge ranges. At this they are the best in the business. No one has better staff to help than Sierra. They'll take the time to visit about your rifle, you, and your load requirements before suggesting charge range. Their numbers are conservative and being such I usually start my loads mid range and higher. That's after doing a lot of research from powder manufacturer's web site and search queries from reloaders who've posted loads and performance on various websites. Sierra can charge and ship data manual or disk to you with phone order.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I Have the Sierra Manual. It does not have the Gameking listed, only the Matchking. I am also extremely safe with loads. I can load and walk about 20 feet and have a 200 yard range to check the loads at my ranch.

Did you check that most of the Sierra Data uses same data for bullets of the same wt?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top