Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 4:19:06 PM EDT
I have a good friend thats back from the Rock Pile, he will go back in 2 months.  He wants me to ship him some primed .223 brass and some MK 262 bullets to go with the brass.  He will load them himself.  How do I ship primed brass ORM-D ?? or USPS flat rate ??  This might seem like a dumb ? but I have never had to buy primed brass.

ETA   I have processed and primed the brass.  I just need to ship it to him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You guessed right UPS ground with the sticker or marking of ORM-D.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that goes "boom" cannot be shipped USPS ... general rule.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Primed brass doesn't have to go Hazmat, it can be shipped just like loaded ammo without the Hazmat.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I can confirm this.  I just ordered some one fired primed brass from Scharch and they note on their web page that there is NO hazmat fee for primed brass.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys sure about the ORM-D markings?  Every time I have had primed brass shipped to me it has been shipped standard.  This from folks like Midway who ought to know.

It's definitely not hazmat, but it's not ammo either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no extra charge from UPS to ship ORM-D.  So why not ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
No need to put an ORM-D sticker on it.  It does not qualify under the specs.  Just ship it normal ground on UPS or FedEx.

Technically, I don't believe USPS has anything in their regs regarding primed brass.  We have never shipped it that way just because the USPS is so non-customer service oriented.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
ORM-D does not mean Haz Mat.......it used for other things       Primed brass is not a good idea USPS.................unless you want to be a test case if it gets sniffed....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top