Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 4:54:57 PM EDT
http://www.ktvz.com/news/23772491/detail.htmll   better buy what you need now, cause only time will tell when the production will start up again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Ratz.....
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad news for sure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Awful news. Glad to hear that the evacuation worked as practiced and everyone is accounted for.

Do you think this might cause the O word to close all ammo test tunnels pending the investigation?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have just tapped into the 2K CC's I bought so I better go slow and makem last
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
"Massive" explosion.  It must have been one of their Ballistic Tip bullets.

The whole mushroom cloud ad always made me laugh.  Maybe there is some truth to it?

I found pics on their website:

Rob Robideau
Personal Armament Podcast
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
First the "oil disaster", now this, I'm afraid the greenies are gaining momentum
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It will slow them down for a few months but they will be back soon. Several years ago (8ish) the place where I work (production machine shop) went up in flames. About half the plant burned down, roughly 45,000 sq. ft. All of our cutoff machines, saws, several AB's and AC's were destroyed. Even most of our inspection equipment including our CMM. We were back at work the next day with plywood and plastic walls in early winter. We ran what machines survived, worked at salvaging anything else we could. We rented out space for cutoff, saws and a few other machines. Begged, borrowed, rented and bought new machines. It was tough that whole winter. Production was tough to meet. Building a new addition to what was left was finished by late spring/early summer and new machines were added.

Within 8 months from a near closure we put things back together with a better facility. If they have good insurance then they won't be down long and may even be better for it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
As others have suggested on another forum I frequent (CastBoolits) now might be a good time to support Nosler buy purchasing some of their products from wholesalers and retailers.

jonblack
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#9]
To show my support for Nosler I just jumped over to Midway and ordered a couple of box's of 69 grain bullets that I use a lot of. This is really bad news. Maybe their bullets are made off site from this plant.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Im down to about 2K of 69 & 77 CCs each, going to start looking for more today. Glad none were hurt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#11]
That really sucks for Nosler as they have been gaining ground in making a name for precision bullets as an alternative to Sierras.

I have been meaing to try some of their bullets and especially some of their factory seconds from their retail website.

Since noody was hurt I guess I can say the following though:

Water and smoke damaged factory seconds anyone?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top