Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 9:55:44 AM EDT
I recently picked up 1k  of M196 tracer rounds for $40. I was doing a little research about loading pulled bullets and I found a thread talking about the need to resize pulled bullets I've never heard of this and I was wondering if anyone could shed a little lite on this subject for me.

Also, if you have any recommended recipes for 54 gr M196 tracer, it would be appreciated. Does anyone know if you loose speed or max range because of the tracer stuff burning off?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The concern woudldbe that the bullet will no longer be round and concentric after being pulled.  

On the other hand if it was properly pulled with a properly sized collet, that should not be much of an issue - and one way or the other it will get sized when it gets shot through the barrel.

Measure a sample on all sides with a caliper or micrometer and see if they are still round.  If they look good and measurements suggest they are still round, sizing is not needed.   Generally sizng is something to avoid unless you really need it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Would it be safe to resize tracers? Is there any chance of the tracer compound igniting under the pressure? Just wondering.
Check some for roundness as mentioned above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top