Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2009 4:59:54 PM EDT
Accuracy, not so much.  But......  Shot 90 rounds of .223 and 33 rounds of .45.  Brought home 185 .223 brass ond 33 rounds of.45.........
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
no 308?
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm almost more exited to load brass then to shoot.  I have so much fun loading it, I just want to go "empty it" so I can load it again.   I'm always very exited when I leave the range with more brass then when I got there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The last two range trips I have recovered all the brass I shot and on the first trip I also recovered 200 WCC 09 5.56(Q3131) once fired brass and on the second trip I got 100 WCC 5.56 all once fired with the primers still crimped.I just keep using the good range pickup brass and saving allthe brass I can  for a when times get real tuff. This is the only good thing about a small indoor range,  no one picks up their brass but me, their is tons of 308 and 30-06 from hunters sighting in their rifles but I just let it be so I can fit all the .223 in my brass bag. God you gotta love hunting season even if you don't hunt.

I know the range reloads pistol brass and doesn't want you picking it up but no one has ever said anything to me about the rifle brass, I think they sort and sell it for scrap or something. I need to look into seeing if I can buy all their rifle brass and pass it alone if they will sell it for scrap price so I don't have to sell for stupid prices like most to make a profit and keep people reloading for cheap , the way it's supposed to be!

Only bad thing is their is NEVER and 6.8 SPC brass anywhere to be found, I guess I'm the only person in north LA shooting one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Went to the range yesterday with my AR's. The guy next to me was shooting an M1 Garand & an M1A1. I came home with a bunch of once fired commercial brass in 30-06 & 308!!!!!

I love folks who don't reload
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to go out in the desert and find TONS of brass. All calibers. Not so much anymore. It's all steel cased berdan primed or .22LR. I wonder why?
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I work at a gun store with a 9-lane indoor range. Last week's addition to my personal brass stash was roughly 900 Lake City 5.56 brass, 1800 .45 ACP, 500 .40, and 1500 9mm––all once fired
And if you guys don't hate me after that, we have 2 separate LE agencies booked for annual qualifying next week.

-If anyone needs brass, just send me a message, cover shipping cost, and I'll be happy to stuff some flat-rate boxes full of whatever caliber and send them your way––think of it as a reloading stimulus package to help get through the shooting recession
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I work at a gun store with a 9-lane indoor range. Last week's addition to my personal brass stash was roughly 900 Lake City 5.56 brass, 1800 .45 ACP, 500 .40, and 1500 9mm––all once fired

And if you guys don't hate me after that, we have 2 separate LE agencies booked for annual qualifying next week.

-If anyone needs brass, just send me a message, cover shipping cost, and I'll be happy to stuff some flat-rate boxes full of whatever caliber and send them your way––think of it as a reloading stimulus package to help get through the shooting recession

Where at in TN?  I am looking for an indoor range that allows rifle.

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Went out a couple days ago before this storm rolled in. Took out 100 rounds of .44 Mag, and came home with 100 empty .44 cases. I looked around for brass but only found ONE .45ACP, and a couple .40 cases. Now this is open prairie on a section of State Trust land, and is heavily used by locals. Whoever went through before me must have spent a few hours scrounging; the whole place was picked clean. Usually I can find around 50-100 .45, and a crap load of 9mm and .40s&w, and a few .223 and 308 cases, but not that day.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IM sent
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent

yep, me too.  Resized my first 6 cases ever (.223) last night (practice/die setup) and I'm already hooked
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where at in TN?  I am looking for an indoor range that allows rifle.

Cookeville, TN. It's on I40––quite a drive from AL

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a good day at the range to me. I usually end up shooting a ton on 22LR these days, Up to a brick or half a brick per session and maybe 50-100 pistol rounds... can't afford to shoot as much anymore.

Sounds like you guys have it made. There are signs all over my local range about only picking up your own brass. Makes me feel a little guilty picking up other people's brass, but I usually ask people as they leave if I can have it, that way they're giving it to me rather than me taking it from the range ;) The range sells it for scrapp brass to a local guy who I guess melts it down. Seems like a waste to me. The Range says they get more for it that way rather than selling it to a place that would re-package it and sell it as once or mult fired...
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for the partial threadjacking––I got a ton of responses for the brass and I'm still working on IM replies.
I am now OUT of extra .223 brass but I do have pistol brass in most calibers. Just hang tight guys, I'm working to get everyone who sent me a message taken care of
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sorry for the partial threadjacking––I got a ton of responses for the brass and I'm still working on IM replies.

I am now OUT of extra .223 brass but I do have pistol brass in most calibers. Just hang tight guys, I'm working to get everyone who sent me a message taken care of

If you ever pick up some .44 Spec/Mag, I'd be happy to pay for shipping.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you ever pick up some .44 Spec/Mag, I'd be happy to pay for shipping.

I believe I saw some 44 special. I'll look when I go in today and snag it for you if it's still there
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

IM sent!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I made a trip to the range yesterday.  Came home with about 70 .223, 30 .45, some 270, 30-30 and 30-06.  Not all of my M1A brass, but overall not bad.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:02:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I may shoot down at the pasture today if the weather holds.  I won't be collecting brass since all I shoot anymore is steel cased.  I save my brass cased ammo cause I can't bring myself to shoot it.  I sold my press and brass a year ago and now I wish I hadn't.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Crazy_Harry <––––––––––––-

all of a sudden, the most popular member of the reloading forum....  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Crazy_Harry <––––––––––––-

all of a sudden, the most popular member of the reloading forum....  

No kidding. I had buckets of it just laying around and now about 90% is spoken for. My .223 didn't last 5 minutes.

For all of those I have been in contact with––my forum inbox keeps filling up so it may be easier to contact me through email at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, gracious offer you've made!

Email sent.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Well you guys have wiped me out I have enough boxed up for those who have already sent payment and those with MOs en route but that's it. In the following weeks, check the EE––I will post an ad when I get my surplus built back up and get the hook-up going again

Sorry again for completely but unintentionally hijacking the thread
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well you guys have wiped me out
I have enough boxed up for those who have already sent payment and those with MOs en route but that's it. In the following weeks, check the EE––I will post an ad when I get my surplus built back up and get the hook-up going again

Sorry again for completely but unintentionally hijacking the thread

No problem on the hijack.  Glad to see it when it involves helping others out with their bullet factories.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top