Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:40:42 PM EDT
pros and cons
of rcbs, lee and hornady

i have used lee for 40 cal and like fcd die, but hinking og going rcbs and adding lee fcd

any opinions
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only used the Lee carbide set with the FCD. I like them, no reason to switch for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my Hornady dies... one note for .45ACP, 9mm, or any other pistol cartridge that headspaces on the case mouth; the Hornady 3 Die set DOES NOT include a die that can apply the necessary taper crimp, there's space in the die box for a 4th die... and you have to buy that taper crimp die separately.  The bullet seater / crimp die that comes in the set only applies a roll crimp (Why, I don't know, but that;s the way it is).
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
pros and cons
of ribs, lee and Hornady

I have used Lee for 40 cal and like the FCD die, but thinking FCD , going RCBS and adding Lee FCD

any opinions

I have all three brands and a Lee FCD is added to finish the set. All work fine.

I now only buy Hornady dies, bigger box, and a straight line bullet seater.

Be sure to get the carbide dies if going RCBS, Hornady only sells the titanium nitrate (same as carbide in function).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top