Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:42:48 PM EDT
First, waht is a good price for primers now? Second, do they have a shelf life? I found some old primers at a gun shop and want to see if it is worth pursueing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok first define old, and secound about 32-35 dolars per 1000 primers are a good price.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
for primers it anywhere from $30 an up,  shelf life can be pretty good if they were kept in a good enviorment.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember that some Federal Match and CCI BR series primers are more expensive, perior.  But, it you can get primers delivered for under 30 per K that is a fair and decent price.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If they are really old primers, I wouldn't pay current retail for them.

I recently found a thousand CCI 400 SR primers in my stash that I bought in the early 80s; they work just fine.  I probably wouldn't use them in match ammo unless I was desperate, but for plinking, no problem.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Going "fair" price is $30 per 1k.

I have shot 30 to 40 year old primers with no problems.

Old powder shoots good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top