Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:21:14 PM EDT
Ok I go into the shop where I had picked up some once fired 223 brass. I have plenty of the 9mm winchester white box on hand but I didn't want to shoot that up just so I could load some 158gr 9mm subs so I go to the same shop looking for once fired 9mm brass. All the fired brass was now 10 cents a piece. I figured this was the haggling price so I asked the guy how much for a 1000 and he says "just what the sign says". I say "but I can buy new brass for that" and he says "well go ahead and do it". ???  So I ordered a 1000 pieces of new 9mm brass for $108 just on principal alone. Most of the once fired sold online still needs to be deprimed and have the crimp removed so I went with the new. Anybody want to tell me how they are still getting all they want for free or has it really gotten that bad everywhere?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow that guy is way overpriced.    

I have about 700 pieces from what i've shot.   Wouldn't mind getting some more, but no way am I paying .10/each for used 9mm brass.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never paid more than $35 per thou. for once fired 9mm...
.223...'Just bought 6000 winchester for $450. What's that, like 7.5cents a piece
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 3k off the EE not long ago for like 80 shipped. Given its once fired, primed and dirty but still it was cheap nuff
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I bought boxes of once fired LC brass last time from the same guy for $30 per thousand and that was way after the election. I have plenty of primers, bullets and powder on hand but the 9mm brass had a lot of use so the last few outings just wasn't keeping it. The new brass is TopBrass and although I have heard cowboy shooters say its good stuff I have never tried it before myself. Guess I will see.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit G/B and talk with some of the sellers and you'll find you can pick it up for under $20 a thousand by the box full
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I have sold maybe 10k on here and not a single time has it ever been over 25/k shipped IIRC

DO NOT ASK ME TO SELL YOU BRASS, THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, I DON'T SELL BRASS ANYMORE

108 for new brass is still outrageous IMO. You should have just looked at the EE and been able to pick some up for at least 30-40/k shipped for cleaned and polished brass. I still can't get over the fact that people sell primed brass for 10 bucks per 100 but then again I am fortunate to have an ample supply of primers and a buddy who sells me 5 gallon buckets of assorted pistol brass for 1.25 /lb
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
As much as I cringe the notion of people buying .223 brass, paying for 9mm (or 40 smith) brass should be illegal!

It's so easy to get for free by just picking it up out here, that half the time I'll just throw the 9 straight into the recycle bucket because I don't feel like processing it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I got way too much 9mm brass, all were free range pickups
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Deleted
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought 3k off the EE not long ago for like 80 shipped. Given its once fired, primed and dirty but still it was cheap nuff

I got 3600 from a guy on the new EE. it was once fired nickle plated speer for about $90 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top