Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 9:59:09 PM EDT
I am new to reloading and this is where i am at. Hornady LNL progressive, .45 cal dies, Winchester brass cleaned and prepped, Bullseye 4.9 gr to start, Win lp primers, and Berry's 185 gr fp bullets. So here is my dilemma. I cannot find any solid reload data for these bullets. I have a Hornady 7th edition and a Sierra book but neither give load data for any fp that is consistent. Both say max oal is 1.275. I get that ,,but the powder grain is so off. Hornady says 5.3 gr for 850 fps and Sierra says 4.9 gr at 850 fps. Any good load data out there for Berry's bullets in 185 gr fp?

Thanks in advance guys: J.D.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
you need to use load data for lead bullets. thats what everyone told me.

i have the 185gr HBRN and i cant get them to hold a crimp. so, just a fore warning
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I load both Berry's 185 FP and 185 HBRN with 5.0 grains of Bullseye, 1.245 OAL.  This is a plinking/target load for me so I've never chronographed, but this load functions 100%  in all my 1911's and in my Glock 21.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I load both Berry's 185 FP and 185 HBRN with 5.0 grains of Bullseye, 1.245 OAL.  This is a plinking/target load for me so I've never chronographed, but this load functions 100%  in all my 1911's and in my Glock 21.

Well, that's exactly what I'm using as pistols so I'll try those loads out.

Thank You.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top