Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 2:27:03 PM EDT
Changed their website,actually moves faster.I just foundout,if you knew,sorry.If you didnt,check it out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It was the slowest website of all time on the planet. Lets see if it moves up a few notches in the ranking.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Just tried it, slow as before.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The original may not have been catchy looking but I hardly ever saw a coding mistake on it. I emailed the company owner a few months back after encountering lots of problems with the new site and he stated it was an ongoing process. I tried it last night and saw bugs so I guess they are still working on it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just tried it, slow as before.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a good deal out of them this last Fathers day but their web site was BS.  I hope they get it fixed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The original may not have been catchy looking but I hardly ever saw a coding mistake on it. I emailed the company owner a few months back after encountering lots of problems with the new site and he stated it was an ongoing process. I tried it last night and saw bugs so I guess they are still working on it.

I sent a very detailed e-mail about a year ago. In case they are computer illiterate I laid it all out for them about needed more bandwidth, servers etc. I explained how lame the site is and how it is costing them a lot of lost orders by the web site freezing up ect.  THis is what we got. Pretty sad, no competence in the technology dept at all.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Patience is a virtue?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I had surgery this week and I thought it was the vicodin ?  I ordered something wonder what it was ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had surgery this week and I thought it was the vicodin ?  I ordered something wonder what it was ?

LOL  You'll find out soon

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Huh! Much faster for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL  You'll find out soon

I couldn't wait...

219030 Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension Seater Die 17 Remington 1 0 1 $19.74

303191 RCBS Shellholder #12 (22 Hornet, 22 K-Hornet) 1 0 1 $5.13

395826 RCBS Turret Press Turret 1 0 1 $41.49

Clearance rack

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I noticed it was different today as well. Seemed a little faster on my end
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Much better than before.

Could still be better.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks different but still extremely slow. I went there today and did a search for an item and 8 pages came up. It would have taken forever to go through all 8 pages, so I said hell with it and ordered the item from another company.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
The sad thing is, their website worked just fine until they "upgraded" it around a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
just took 25 seconds to load a search for RCBS, still slow as hell

but on the suggestion from someone here, use Opera with turbo mode, it works really well
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the owner should take the web designer and slap him around.  That web site is cosmetically pretty, but so inefficient compared to the old version.  They lost a lot of business from me due to that.  Brownells upgraded their website and it's just as good or better than before.. why can't Midway do the same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#18]
It doesn't seem to render very well in google chrome either.  Not only is it slow the layout comes out all weird.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The sad thing is, their website worked just fine until they "upgraded" it around a year and a half ago.

Yep.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I think their website sucks, it's not fast and not a great looking site either     I also always feel violated by their outrageous shipping prices, I buy from everyone else first, if they don't have it I go to Midway
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A BIG +1 to that. It isn't worth my time now. They need to downgrade.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy cow, who knew they could make it worse? After reading this thread down to here, I went off to see how the Midway site worked for me.

WWW Range Report: Search as painfully slow as ever. The second page of my search results was unreadable so I gave the URI to the W3C code validator to see if I could spot what was wrong. 667 Errors on that one page, I ain't that interested.

I was really expecting better after reading an email posted here recently that improving the web site was their #1 priority.  I love doing business with Midway, but damn, they sure make it hard to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:07:29 AM EDT
[#23]
It is a lot faster for me. Weird
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It was the slowest website of all time on the planet. Lets see if it moves up a few notches in the ranking.

You must have never been to Streichers site, cause it's really slow.

I noticed the Wideners change the other day and it is faster, but not fast.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#25]
thank god
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Click / Stop that stupid flash player at the top of the page and it helps, at least with scrolling.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have never been to Streichers site, cause it's really slow.

I noticed the Wideners change the other day and it is faster, but not fast.

Now that you mention it they did speed up their site.  They're good folks.  Just placed an order this am via telephone.  Got to love the southern belles in Johnson City.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I think they sped up the search engine, but the clicking of the product still seem really long time to come up (like before)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think their website sucks, it's not fast and not a great looking site either     I also always feel violated by their outrageous shipping prices, I buy from everyone else first, if they don't have it I go to Midway

They have seriously redone their shipping prices.

My last two orders were much cheaper on shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#30]
They do a good job shipping. Placed a order on Wednesday at noon. Shows out for delivery today (Friday) with standard ground UPS. MO to SC in two days.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They do a good job shipping. Placed a order on Wednesday at noon. Shows out for delivery today (Friday) with standard ground UPS. MO to SC in two days.

I guess that's why they're "Midway" in the "USA"

But yeah, shipping has always been pretty fast for me to TX. Fastest though seems to be vendors in TN, like Natchez, I guess they go straight and quickly through the UPS and FEDEX hubs nearby.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have seriously redone their shipping prices.

My last two orders were much cheaper on shipping.

That's cool.  I haven't ordered from them in a couple years just because of the shipping cost.   Maybe I'll try them again
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Some of you may have missed Brownell's first web site.  I have no doubt it spurred catalog sales as it was close enough to useless.  Sinclair's site was horrible for years for locating anything, but improved slightly after Brownell's bought the company.  I have no problems with Brownell's site now.

Go look around sites such as MSC, KBC Tools, or McMaster-Carr, and you won't think Midway's is so bad.

Huh!  I quit even looking at Brownells for that reason...must check it out.

Graf' and Sons is a fast website, only guessing where to go in their menu system is like shooting craps. I had to send Kim an email to see if they were going to carry the RCBS Bullet Feeder I wanted.  She emailed me the part # within 2 hours, and using that I went quickly and straight to the proper page and ordered it at a good price.  But try to find it using the menus....it's not there; I've been through them all.  I imagine that that's the case for some other products as well.  One thing I like about Grafs, aside from their "shipping rate," and prices, is that they're small enough to give personal friendly service.  Not that I have the need often, but they're one of the few outlets that also carry Dillon. (I may end up with their swager yet)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have no problems with Brownell's site now.

Brownell's site is fine, but their search function is still broken beyond belief.  Way too many false positives, and half the time I can't find something that I KNOW they have.  Using Google to search Brownells site works better than Brownell's search engine.

At least their site is fast.  Midway's has been unusably slow since the "upgrade" a year and a half ago, and the new search function sucks hind tit compared to the old one.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#36]
while we're on the subject of midway...

they really need to revamp their packaging "system". adding a handfull of styrofoam peanuts or an airpack to a boxfull of small heavy items doesn't cut it. if you order an item like an rcbs power trimmer or case prep station, they just slap a label on the factory box and send it on it's way. i've received items with the product poking through the box.

i order from graf's every time they have what i want in stock. they will bullet proof your order by putting eveything in wrapping paper and sealing it in a shipping carton. they have always been my go to place.

are you listening midway?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top