Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2009 7:32:05 AM EDT
Ok, I picked up a few thousand of these new Wolf primers. Wideners had initially said they were "slightly hotter than the SRM" which is (as I understand) just a thick cupped Wolf SRP. They then posted on their forum that they were full blown magnum primers.

I have not loaded any .223 yet and am curious if anyone had any info on them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered these but Wideners thankfully sent me regular small rifle magnum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Legend has it they're just about like the CCI dedicated 556 primer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, I picked up a few thousand of these new Wolf primers. Wideners had initially said they were "slightly hotter than the SRM" which is (as I understand) just a thick cupped Wolf SRP. They then posted on their forum that they were full blown magnum primers.

I have not loaded any .223 yet and am curious if anyone had any info on them.

Are these the ones that say "223 rem" on the package instead of SRM?

If so, I use the same load as with a Wolf SRM, or Win SR, or Rem 7 1/2 in my 223 loads.

I know this because I reworked my loads when I changed primers.

So same-same in my rifles, with my loads.

My loading method is to work up to the first pressure signs, back down 1/2 gr, and fine tune for accuracy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top