Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 7:51:30 AM EDT
I dont have a trimmer at the moment, and there is a Giraud for sale used at a local shop.

Any one have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen a used Giraud come up for sale.  I think most owners plan to pass them down to their childern when they die.

-Deke
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I dont have a trimmer at the moment, and there is a Giraud for sale used at a local shop.

Any one have any experience with them?

If the price is reasonable, buy it NOW.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i love mine! Buy it if the price is right. New costs about $400.00.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
How much are they selling it for?

Like others said, I've never seen one  For sale used!

They are GREAT trimmers, what kind of press do you have?  What do you plan to use it for (Single Calibur? Multiple caliburs?)

-Masta
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are GREAT trimmers, what kind of press do you have?  What do you plan to use it for (Single Calibur? Multiple caliburs?)

-Masta

[Checks to see if MastaMarksman is anywhere near Alabama]

They are asking $275 for it, set up in .223 IIRC. I was told that he (The guy at the shop) bought it  to do some odd ball caliber, but didnt want to go through that "hassle."  I think the guy who sold it to him was getting out of reloading.

A great deal, and I will likely go get it if it is still there.

I have a Dillon 550B that I mainly have used for .223 and .308, with some 9mm and soon to run .30-06. I would probably get a kit for .308 for the trimmer, and maybe on in -06 as well. I usually process a big batch of brass at once and then go back and load it, so the swaps would not be a big issue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know how I got by without mine. I have mine set up for 223, 308 and 50 bmg. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Masta

[Checks to see if MastaMarksman is anywhere near Alabama]

They are asking $275 for it, set up in .223 IIRC. I was told that he (The guy at the shop) bought it  to do some odd ball caliber, but didnt want to go through that "hassle."  I think the guy who sold it to him was getting out of reloading.

A great deal, and I will likely go get it if it is still there.

I have a Dillon 550B that I mainly have used for .223 and .308, with some 9mm and soon to run .30-06. I would probably get a kit for .308 for the trimmer, and maybe on in -06 as well. I usually process a big batch of brass at once and then go back and load it, so the swaps would not be a big issue.

Naw, you don't want that trimmer, it really sucks.  Just send me the name of the guy selling it, I'll dispose of it for him.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy it and don't turn back. Probably the best reloading investment/ time saver I have ever purchased
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buy it and don't turn back. Probably the best reloading investment/ time saver I have ever purchased

+1

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the "Gracey"a good unit, but......I wish I had bought the Giraud.....

Buy it and don't look back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top