Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:10:23 PM EDT
i just got the power version of this case trimmer and let me tell you this puppy rocks!

once you get past the initial set-up and get it dialed in, you'll wonder how you lived without it. i also got the 3 way cutter which not only trims to size but does an a deburr and chamfer at the same time. i just finished a batch of M1 carbine brass and each piece came out to EXACTLY 1.28".

it may not be as fast as my giraud, but the results are the same.

just thought you might like to know.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The 3 way cutters one of RCBS's better ideas.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a trim pro but have yet to get the .30 caliber 3 way head.

You know loading .308, .30-06 and .30 carbine, I'd probably never use it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I need something to drive the reamer / peeler tool for my .308 to 7mm-08 resizing operation.   This operation can develop some fairly heavy torque.  The tool used is very similar to the 3-way tool and will thread into the TrimPro drive shaft.  Does the gearbox drive on the powered TrimPro have excess torque to handle it?  Doing the reaming by hand or even with a powered handdrill is a PITA.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
My RCBS TrimPro is not the powered version but I still love it.

I could not get rid of the Lee trimmer fast enough once I started using this... Excellent adjustments + I can trim even if there is a live primer in there... Awesome trimmer IMHO!

I also loved the fact that this one trimmer would work with so many different cartriges without having to buy more stuff.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]
ccw,

not quite sure how much torque would be needed for your application. but if there is a downside or weak point of the trimmer it is probably the flexible coupling. it is comprised of a reinforced section of hose with two metal clamps. i've noticed some flexing in the coupling during the trimming process.

the motor and gear box (if it has one - it may be direct drive) is under a cover which doesn't look like it can be removed for inspection or servicing.

hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an old RCBS Trimmer which has been upgraded through the years to the current setup that the OP has.  It may not be benchrest (or it just may be?) but it is more than adequate for my use.

RCBS makes a Trim Mate power station to drive case prep accesories.  It definitely has the torque that you need for that reaming.  I haven't bought one yet, but I often give them a good hard look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top