Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:04:59 PM EDT
I don't do any reloading yet but I have been thinking about it. I have been saving all my brass (and brass whoring at the range) just in case I decide to reload. Which of the following are worth saving to reload and which should be thrown out?

Lake City (probably don't even need to ask this one)
Federal
Winchester (NATO cross)
Privi 223
Remington UMC
PMC Bronze

If there is a reloading forum that this should be posted in, please let me know.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
reloading forum is under the armory tab. I would like to see a brass rating from best to worse also. From what I have researched remington, winchester, LC, Nosler custom and lapua are all good brass. This is new brass though. From what I have been reloading PMC is ok some of the flash holes are off center. Fiocchi is the best that I have reloaded so far.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't do any reloading yet but I have been thinking about it. I have been saving all my brass (and brass whoring at the range) just in case I decide to reload. Which of the following are worth saving to reload and which should be thrown out?

Federal
Winchester (NATO cross)
Privi 223
Remington UMC
PMC Bronze

If there is a reloading forum that this should be posted in, please let me know.

All are worth saving.  Most of my shooting with 223 is either plinking or training where super accurate ammo is not a big deal.  I just need to hit minute of pop can at 100 yards.  Unless you have a ton of federal, I would use that for one reload then toss.  I have enough 223 where I just toss all my federal or load it once and shoot it in the grass where I have a hard time finding my brass.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
the only thing i can say for certain, is that the PMC brass needs to be kept separate.  they have less case capacity
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Federal
Winchester (NATO cross)
Privi 223
Remington UMC
PMC Bronze

All good except some Federal (FC). In the past the case webs were thin. Also primer pockets get loose fast with this brand.

WCC (Winchester mil) brass is also good.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top