Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 7:03:00 AM EDT
Someone has been leaving alot of it at the range.....and some 45acp.  

Whats the 223 worth, say per hundred?

Heres a weeks worth of collecting.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats the head stamps mostly? LC fetches a higher price than commercial Remington or PMC brass so it's hard to say? And most don't like a bunch of mixed head stamp rifle brass as its harder to sort, I know I only load LC brass and all else unless it's some of my once fired 5.56 new ammo being Winchester or federal, I'll save that for loading as well because it's mil. spec brass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Click on the "New Exchange" link and see what the going price is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Mixed head stamp I would say 70 shipped per K, single head stamp 80 shipped. Both prices for cleaned/ tumbled brass. Non tumbled I would say take 10 off per K, at least that's what I pay.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

Its mixed with most of it being pmc and winchester with a small abount of lake city.  

Also, the sellor/bellot 9mm with the red primer sealant......is that reloadable?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.

Its mixed with most of it being pmc and winchester with a small abount of lake city.  

Also, the sellor/bellot 9mm with the red primer sealant......is that reloadable?

Yes S&B 9mm brass is reloadable.

As for price.  These days it seems like it changes daily.   I would say $50-$55 shipped for mixed headstamp .223.  You may fetch more than that.  But based on prices in the last week, LC is available for $60 per 1k.

When LC is is dried up a little more, you can fetch more.  It usually goes in waves..

9mm is available in mixed headstamp for $26 per 1k.  

HTH

-Masta

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.

Yes S&B 9mm brass is reloadable.

As for price.  These days it seems like it changes daily.   I would say $50-$55 shipped for mixed headstamp .223.  You may fetch more than that.  But based on prices in the last week, LC is available for $60 per 1k.

When LC is is dried up a little more, you can fetch more.  It usually goes in waves..

9mm is available in mixed headstamp for $26 per 1k.  

HTH

-Masta

Be carefull of S&B brass with the red primer seals. There is some S&B brass plated steel cases, try em with a magnet. (Wish I could still buy that stuff)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be carefull of S&B brass with the red primer seals. There is some S&B brass plated steel cases, try em with a magnet. (Wish I could still buy that stuff)

Is the steel cased stuff Berdan or Boxer primed?    I have a whole bag, they are all boxer primed.  I haven't check em with a magnet..

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Look down the top of the case 2 holes = berdan one hole boxer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you know it is once fired?  It could have been reloaded and shot two or three times which is why someone is leaving it behind.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How do you know it is once fired?  It could have been reloaded and shot two or three times which is why someone is leaving it behind.

LC would definitely still have primer crimps if once fired & some Winchester & PMC have crimps as well. If the Winchester & PMC don't have crimps it's impossible to know if they're once fired or not.

It's been my experience that most folks leave brass behind because they don't reload, don't know anyone who reloads, or don't want the hassle of trying to sell it rather than leaving it behind because it's been shot a "few" times.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LC would definitely still have primer crimps if once fired & some Winchester & PMC have crimps as well. If the Winchester & PMC don't have crimps it's impossible to know if they're once fired or not.

It's been my experience that most folks leave brass behind because they don't reload, don't know anyone who reloads, or don't want the hassle of trying to sell it rather than leaving it behind because it's been shot a "few" times.

I have LC that I have personally deprimed and swaged. I can almost guaranty that if I were to show it to you, you would not be able to tell it wasn't crimped anymore.  The same goes for Winchester and PMC, and especially S&B brass.  You can't always tell by looking.

But that still has nothing to do with the original question.  Unless you personally saw someone take known new factory ammo, shoot it, and leave it, one should not be so sure and claiming that it is once fired.  Usually, the only people that truthfully claim and sell once-fired brass are those that collect it from known good sources, such as police agencies or military units after a large organized shoot.  At a regular range, you never know what all the different people are shooting, or what they have done with that brass prior to you picking it up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I typically get LC for $30 per 1000 at the local funshow. I got 5K of once fired WW (winchester) for $15 last summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top